More inferences to follow, in future posts.
As always, any feedback is more than welcome.
- Despite a regression in 9.3 onwards, the combination of File + Read-Only has improved drastically in the 9.6dev branch
- 9.6dev branch is
- 2x faster than 9.1 on some tests
- 50% faster than 9.5.2 (currently, the latest stable release!) on some tests
- Raspberry Pi Model 2B
- 1GB RAM
- 900 MHz Quad-Core-ARM Cortex-A7 (ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l))
- 32GB Class 10 SD Card
Software: Source used for this test
- All configurations were run 10 times each
- All configurations were run for 100 secs each
- The Phrases in the name of each chart tells what Pgbench was run with:
- ConnX: with -cX (For e.g. Conn64: with -c64)
- Thread4: with -j4
- Prepared: with -M Prepared
- File: External SQL file with one SQL command "SELECT 1;"
- Readonly: with -S
- 100secs: with -T 100